Monday, January 23, 2006

The Quest for the "Best Combat Pedicure"

I leave this morning on a weeklong trip up north. I packed my ruck sack, cleaned my M-16, added the neck and crotch guards to my body armor and, most importantly, I got a pedicure.

Foot care is important in a combat zone.

Many people wonder where the best place to get a pedicure is in Iraq. There are at least two beauty parlors that offer pedicures: one on Camp Anaconda and one on the Q-West Base Complex. I’m headed to Q-West, and having just treated my feet to a pedicure at Camp Anaconda, am in a good position to compare the two.

Since starting this quest, many have felt the need to tell me that pedicures are only for women and the Air Force. For the life of me, I can’t understand what’s feminine about getting your feet massaged. Besides, I always pick a nice Army green for my toe nail polish.

I will come back as soon as possible with reviews of my combat pedicures. Only one will earn the title, “Best Combat Pedicure.” Peace and good foot care be with you all.

photo caption: I maintain a high level of suspicious alertness as my feet soak in prepartion for a combat pedicure at Camp Anaconda. Photo by Ryan Poland, film genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home